Labels

Blackberry (4) Blends (1) Blueberry (2) Mead (1) Melomel (1) Mojito (2) Muscadine (1)

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Raspberry Jam Wine

This 1 gallon batch of raspberry jam wine is intended to be a body strengthener for a previous batch that seemed a little flabby. My intent is to make this wine with extra body so that I can add it to the finished batch which is already aging.

1. 6 bottles of raspberry jam
2. 1 gallon of water
3. 1 tsp of pectic enzyme
4. 1 tsp of yeast nutrient
5. 1/2 tsp of yeast energizer
6. Yeast Lalvin K1-V1116


PH read 3.6 so I added 1 tsp of acid blend. SG reads 1.50; Not sure is this is reliable or not but it is possibly high because of the sugar used to make the jam or because of the pectin in the jam. At any rate I did not add sugar to avoid to high alcohol in finished wine. I don't usually add sugar in regular jam recipes because the SG test so high but because this batch has extra jam, the sugar content seems even higher than normal.

1 comment:

  1. Kind of lost track of this wine. I think I combined it with the previous batch of Raspberry wine. Anyway both gallons turned out to be an excellent wine and probably even better than the Blackberry counterpart. I bottled the last gallon of this wine 8/25 with a FG of 1.012.

    ReplyDelete