Labels

Blackberry (4) Blends (1) Blueberry (2) Mead (1) Melomel (1) Mojito (2) Muscadine (1)

Monday, November 28, 2011

This week's wines

This week I started 3 new batches of wine: Raspberry jam, persimmon, and apple.

My wife was wanting some champagne and so I thought I would make half of the 5 gallons of apple as still and the other half sparkling.

We have two wild persimmon trees in our yard which still had some ripe persimmons above deer height and so I picked about 3lbs to try my first gallon of persimmon wine.

Lastly, I had been wanting to try a raspberry for some time and so decided to make a gallon of that as well. The jam prices are quite a bit higher than the blackberry jam prices but it may be worth it if it is as good or better than the blackberry wine.

1 comment:

  1. Used one pack of D-47 yeast for all three of these wines and have been stirring twice a day. Yeast has been very active and all three seem to be progressing nicely.

    ReplyDelete