Labels

Blackberry (4) Blends (1) Blueberry (2) Mead (1) Melomel (1) Mojito (2) Muscadine (1)

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Blackberry Muscadine Blend 2018

This years harvest of muscadines from my Ison's black muscadines:

I harvested about 2 5gal buckets of  muscadines about 3/4" full.
Mostly fully ripe and black but also some purple ones. I froze these for about 1 week until I had the time to crush the grapes.

Day1:

Added water to cover frozen muscadines and added k-meta 1/4 tsp. Also added pectic but this was a bit early for pectic.

Day2:

Frozen grapes sat on k-meta over night and I crushed the following morning.

Poured crushed juice into nylon paint strainer bags to contain hulls and tied

Added 4 16 oz jars of backberry seedless jam to each bucket.

Added sugar for a specific gravity between 1.090-1.095. Liquid level with pulp is about 5.5 gal.


No comments:

Post a Comment